During the Sales period, PLDM by Palladium (a subsidiary of the famous shoe brand Palladium), was seeking a way to boost their e-commerce via Twitter. They managed to do so, by designing a campaign based on the most typical contest type on Twitter !
Chosen campaign : Retweet and Follow
The most typical contest on Twitter : the organizer asks for the participants to retweet a specific tweet and to be/become follower to enter the contest.
How did it work:
Once it’s been set on Like a Bird Apps, the contest tweet had been published:
Follow & RT pour tenter de remporter les PLDM de votre choix. Bonne chance ! pic.twitter.com/H00hFpLHmz
— PLDM by PALLADIUM (@PLDMbyPalladium) June 29, 2015
Each one of the participants had to retweet this message, or one of the “reminder” tweets directly sent from the platform:
Pour gagner la paire de PLDM de votre choix, Follow & RT ce tweet. Bonne chance à tous ✌️ pic.twitter.com/GQdFFN5Pck
— PLDM by PALLADIUM (@PLDMbyPalladium) July 2, 2015
At the end of the operation, a winner was drawn among the participants.
The interesting tip used in this campaign
On top of picking a winner, 100 participants have been drawn and received a DM containing a 10% promo code they could use on PLDM’s e-shop as a consolation prize.
These participants, once drawn, received a dedicated DM, customized and sent from Like a Bird Apps.
This operation has been a massive success:
- The core campaign leaded to an important visibility and an amazing follower recruitment:
- 649 participants,
- Number of followers increased by 22%
- More than 450 000 Twitter accounts exposed to the campaign
- Almost all of the 100 “consolation” winners sent a tweet / DM to thank the brand for this unexpected prize, increasing the customer loyalty :
- 100 % of the “consolation” winners visited the e-shop !
- 50 pairs of shoes were sold with the contest promo code, nice way to increase your key metrics about e-commerce via Twitter, don’t you think ?
The amazing Like a Bird Apps features that helped PLDM boost their e-commerce via Twitter:
- Real-time counting of RT (including on “reminder” Tweets) and participant information collection
- Automated tweet to non-followers participants to remind them to become followers
- Automatic draw of the winner and the 100 extra winners
- Bulk sending of the 100 DM in one click !
Wanna try ?
To discover this mechanic and run your own Retweet & Follow campaign, or to talk about how to design the appropriate campaign to boost your e-commerce via Twitter, go to Like A Bird Apps or send us an email !